06 September 2007

August ROFL awards

It is ROFL time again and I have a post for you: The I'mperfect Mom on Becoming Part of Mom.

I loved this post because it is both funny and poignant.
Pretty soon, I was scraping off dried pink Dove soap and blue Head & Shoulders shampoo bits off the tub with my fingernails. Five minutes later, instead of soaking in a lavendar and chamomile infused soup of relaxation, I was in full Toilet Cleaning mode, replete with gloves, Scotch Brite sponge and Kaboom! Shower, Tub and Tile Cleaner, rubbing and scrubbing.


In addition to being genetically incapable of relaxing in the bathtub, The I'mPerfect Mom captures that realization that we all have sooner or later (hopefully sooner): OMG MY MOM WAS HUMAN! With faults and tiredness and confusion just like me!

A full list of winners can be seen over at either Chicky, Chicky Baby or MetroMama.

Congrats to all the winners. And I'mPerfect Mom, I will send you your button just as soon as I figger it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that was heart touching...

Back to top