22 September 2007

Love me some free Ryka shoes

I won! I won! I am the proud owner of a brand-new pair of Ryka shoes from the contest that is being promoted all over the Internets. They are giving away 50 pair of shoes every day for 50 days. Go over and enter. AFTER you read my post! Yeesh.

Today I was feeling kind of puny and thought some fresh air might do me good. I put on my new pink and "cashmere" (their color, not mine - my cashmere is black) shoes and took them out for their first walk. Here is a photo essay featuring ME SHOWING OFF MY NEW SHOES!


Got in the Bluemobile with Goldie. And my shoes:


Drove out to this combo bike/walk trail that is just lovely and only a couple miles away:


I - and my shoes - had to go off trail when Goldie wanted to hunt lizards. She caught one, too. What a big, brave dog, facing down those 6-inch lizards.


The trail is actually in the middle of some old oilfields. Check them - and my shoes - out. Even though I am a rabid environmentalist, I don't mind being in an industrial area: I come from an oilfield family (the working kind, not the owning kind). I was fed, clothed and sheltered for the first half of my life through my dad's labors in this industry, the same industry that makes it possible for you to drive and have plastic bags and nylon carpet and Jolly Jumpers and other wonderful stuff ok end of lecture bye.


There is sculpture along the trail. I guess the City figures you can get exercise and culture all at the same time. This daisy windmill is one of the pieces I like. I also like my shoes.


This is not the dog to which they were referring, but you should still beware of her. Doesn't she look fearsome?


At the end of a nice walk, a dog and a girl need a little rest on the cool lawn. My feet felt good in my new shoes, my head felt clearer, and the dog will sleep well tonight. All good. Especially the free shoes.

10 comments:

meno said...

So, did you win some shoes? :)

Amie Adams said...

Oh I've been wanting to win. I love their workout wear. So comfortable!

Anonymous said...

I keep telling myself that if I win a pair of Rykas, I'll start a walking/jogging program. Of course, I should do it either way...

Motherhood Uncensored said...

You know. I've seen a few people that have won and it makes me glad. You hear about sweepstakes all the time and wonder "do people ever really win?"

Well, apparently THEY DO.

:)

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the delightful photo essay.

moosh in indy. said...

MY MOM WON TOO.
CONGRATUFRIKINLATIONS.
Really, I'm just kinda jealous.

mar said...

awesome photo blogpost.
and congrats on the new shoes. they look comfy.

Anonymous said...

I love how you worked the new shoes into most of the photos. Well done.

claire said...

Love the photoessay. That's awesome! I didn't know there were people out there giving away shoes... must go... find... free shoes....


Looks like Goldie appreciated the excuse to go lizard-hunting, too.

Anonymous said...

Aw, man! I just got my SorryYouDidn'tWinButComeToOurWebsiteAnd BuyShoesAnyway email this morning. I still have hope!

Back to top