06 March 2009

Swingline, take me away!

I did something crazy. It was Suburban Turmoil's fault.

I was on Twitter and announced that I would not be going to BlogHer this year for the first time in four years.

The outcry was deafening. Ok, not deafening, but Lisa Stone, Schmutzie, Joy Unexpected and a few others were nice enough to express dismay.

Then Lindsay suggested that I try to get Swingline to sponsor my trip to Chicago, the connection being clear and obvious and all. I have taken over 300 great photos featuring their best (in my humble opinion) product and some of the coolest bloggers in the known universe.

So I wrote them a letter. I think they should sponsor me. They would be crazy not to! I mean, LOOK at this!
Joanne of Pundit Mom
That's famous blogger Pundit Mom modeling one of their products. This is marketing gold, people. If you can see that and not want a Red Swingline Stapler, well, there is something very wrong with you.

You can't PAY for publicity like that. Well, actually you can, and for a small stack of Benjamins, the BlogHer fun with the Red Stapler can continue for one more year.

How about it, Swingline? Deal, or no deal?

12 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I think it's a great idea! Hope it will work. We need the red stapler at BlogHer. It's an institution.

Anonymous said...

I hope this works out for you, it's a great idea.

super des said...

That's a great idea!
I love the picture I took with your stapler that I went out and bought my own! (ok, so it was a bday present, but the nice folks at Swingline don't need to know that.)

Anonymous said...

I saw all that going down on Twitter and can only say: Great idea! I really hope it works out for you!!

mar said...

yes! that was one of the main reasons i was going to blogher this year: the picture with your red swingline stapler!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Swingline, I hope you're listening. This is SO DESERVED. When I think of staplers, I think of YOU, Suebob.

Kizz said...

Will you keep posting a RedStapler photo every day until you get a response from them to be sure that they see the publicity? I think this is a brilliant idea. Hope they take advantage of the opportunity.

Suzanne said...

Totally brilliant.

j.sterling said...

omg they TOTALLY should!!!!! if they have half a brain, they'll hop on this staple train!

PunditMom said...

They absolutely should sponsor you! They would be crazy not to. I've always loved them since one of the first things I one in a contest ever in elementary school was a Swingline stapler (though it wasn't a pretty red one!)

And, hey, I didn't know I was supposed to be famous!

Kevin Charnas said...

I think that you should write them and tell them that you'll do a provocative pose lying just ever so on your tum-tum and have the Stapler strategically placed over your crack...

And you could tell them that the publicity campaign could read something like... "Swingline... It's not just for stapling anymore. Meeoow."

Nevermind.

ElisaC said...

I'm not sure what's better: To post a Red Stapler picture every day until they notice? Or to withhold all red Stapler photos until they sponsor you? :)

Back to top