23 September 2009

Signs of Intelligence

On Sunday, four friends and I were in a shuttle van to Dulles Airport outside Washington, DC.

I read a road sign aloud.

"George Bush Center for Intelligence."

"WHAAAAT?" everyone screamed at once. The van descended into cacophony.

"That has gotta be a joke," someone said.

The cabbie piped up. "Every time I go by this sign, everyone is making joke," he said. "Last trip, lady say 'Should be George Bush Center for Idiots."



(The Center is named after the first President Bush, who had been CIA director prior to running for office.)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

would be nice if they changed the sign slightly to reflect Bush Sr, wouldn't it?

Lex - @laprimera said...

Is it an empty boarded up building? Because it should be! ROFL!

J said...

I'm old enough that I figured out the G.H.W. Bush thing all by myself. But I do wish they'd change it to say 'idiot'. :)

Suzanne said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Love your driver.

Back to top