05 July 2010

This Little Dog of Mine

She is almost 15 years old, my dog. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have ambitions. She's a hunter, not a fighter.

There is something in the lavender bush and it must be stopped.

She spent about an hour out there today with her head in the bush. I left for 3 hours to go to a meeting, and when I came back? She ran right outside and has been there ever since.


The bush is next to the house. When she gets excited, her tail wags, and I can hear her thumping against the house.

She's slowing down a little, I can tell. She is deaf and has a tremor in a back leg when she sleeps. She groans when she lays down and one of her back legs is a little stiff and weak.

But the lure of the bush draws her ever onward. She gets pollen in her nose and sneezes big, but still, she fights on.

3 comments:

lagata said...

How funny. I have a Boston Terrier, her "catnip" is Rosemary. She goes nuts when she smells it and will just stick her head inside a shrub and sniff, sniff, sniff for long periods of time. At least she smells nice when she is done :o)

JCK said...

I love it! Keeps her going. :)

Glennis said...

I bet she smells good when she comes back inside!

Back to top