19 September 2010

Stretching that birthday thing out about as far as possible

I think my birthday is finally over. I used the LA Galaxy tickets last night that I bought with my birthday money from Mom. I know she was hoping I would get a nice twin set from Ann Taylor, but she may have to adopt someone to see that ever happen. So 2 1/2 months after my real birthday, I used my present.
I love this game!
A few notes on my first professional futbol match:
  • The stadium was so small and cozy. 28,000 seats, and the field is huge, so you are RIGHT there hearing the player's shoes slap against the ball.

  • Soccer fanatics - those real hardcore noisy fans - are fun. They sang and chanted the whole time. They even had a little brass band and a flag the size of a tennis court. At the end of the game, the Galaxy went to the end of the field and saluted the biggest group, who went bananas. It was all very interactive.

  • You give the foul ball BACK. So there is no need to dive for it and take out a stroller - thankfully unoccupied - the way that one guy did. I think that giving the foul ball back is very civilized.

  • When David Beckham came out during the second half, the roar of the crowd was loud enough to peel paint off the walls. People love them some Becks.

  • I kind of love me some Becks, too, even though he runs so painfully it looks like he might have been in trouble with the Mafia at one point..

  • Beckham entering the game was the third most exciting thing, right after Landon Donovan's two goals
    Here's Beckham now!
  • He has perhaps the finest little butt I have ever seen.

  • I don't think he wears undies.

  • I was NOT looking at Beckham's butt the whole time.

  • I was watching Landon Donovan score twice. Which is one more than the whole DC United team.

  • HA! Suck it, DC United.

  • I missed seeing DC United score because I was taking stupid pictures. Like this:

  • While taking this picture, DC United scored and we missed it.
  • I have bad timing. But I had a lot of fun.

I think my birthday is finally, finally over.

5 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Happy day! (My dad's bday was 2 days ago...you're in good company this month.) The game looks like fun and Hey! I love the header!

SUEB0B said...

I don't publish spam comments, but I love the one I got this morning "Great story you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about that topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is some pictures of any gizmos."

I wonder what kind of Gizmos the LA Galaxy have? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Are you trash talking DC?

Don't make me come down there? I'll bring White. It will be 2 against one and it won't be pretty. Beckham or no.

orion said...

American futbol games sound quaint! I will have to see one soon.

meno said...

You are an inspiration. I have only been milking my birthday for just over a week. i will try and do better!

Back to top